What happened this month:
- I slowed down SO MUCH when it came to reading! I was preoccupied with Halloween, tiredness due to new medication, and many other things. I also had been reading just one book at a time (not including short stories I finish in one sitting) and didn’t have a lot of reading time, BUT it was kind of relaxing to do this. I felt I savoured my books more. More on that to come.
- It was Halloween! And my husband’s birthday! This was the very first year we’ve carved pumpkins with the kids and they loved it. I burnt the pumpkin seeds, but that was okay. The kids made sure we celebrated dad’s birthday properly with cake (not the pie I planned to make), balloons, and party games.
- I’ve been buying a lot of classics and way less “newer” books. It’s interesting because my interest in buying new releases has gone way down, unless it’s an author I really love. I’m hoping that I can continue this through the end of the year because I’d like to actually stick to not buying many books in 2019.
What I read:
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters ****
- A Curve in the Road by Julianne MacLean **
- A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott ***
- The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott ****
- Don’t Look Now by Daphne du Maurier *****
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins ****
- Dolly by Susan Hill ***.5
- The Ghost Box II by various authors ***
- The Home-Maker by Dorothy Canfield-Fisher *****
What’s happening in November?
- I am so looking forward to November and relaxing! I have some fun stuff planned for the kids. I’m planning on us getting some space books and we’re going to set up a space station in the playroom. As far as reading goes, I’m going to continue my leisurely reading and see if I read more or less. I’m interested to continue this through the end of the year because I think it might help me buy less books. Otherwise, November is pretty uneventful!
What have you been reading lately? Any recommendations? How was your month in reading? What was your favourite read? What do you plan to read in November?