From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
This week was the beginning of my Blogiversary Celebration!
Feature — Blogiversary Giveaway Post
Cover reveal — Jenny Plague-Bringer, by J. L. Bryan
ARC review — Little Star, by John Ajvide Lindqvist
Guest Post — Books I Will Never Read (by Smash @ Smash Attack Reads)
ARC review — Through to You, by Emily Hainsworth
Blog tour — The Devil’s Metal (Devils, #1), by Karina Halle (Review & Q&A)
Discussion — Things I’ve Learned Since Becoming a Blogger
Book Hoarders — Deadly Appearances (Joanne Kilbourne, #1), by Gail Bowen
ARC review — Who I Kissed, by Janet Gurtler
Blogiversary feature — A Little Bit About Me
What did I do this week? Honestly, not a lot.
- This week was the advance screening of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Simon & Schuster Canada sent me some tickets to share with the Edmonton book bloggers, so a group of us went to dinner and a show! It was a lot of fun and I thought the movie was way more effective than the book. Read my review of the book HERE.
- Other than that, I spent the ENTIRE week reading, enthralled with Karina Halle’s Experiment in Terror series. It’s been a long time since I’ve been this swept up with a series that I’ve wanted to sit and read each book after another, which is AWESOME!
- Today is Thanksgiving, which means turkey dinner! Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers!
Unbreaking the Shelves progress:
- So I blame Amanda and Kelly for my trek through freebies on the ARE website AND the Kobo website. This led me to add a new shelf on Goodreads for all the freebies that I don’t necessarily HAVE TO read, but that I’d like to.
- BUT while Amanda and Kelly inspire me to get freebie books, I think I must also try and remember that I own these free books and not BUY books. My wallet will stop crying if I do this.
- I’ve learned that I like to create lists and move things around to make it look like I’ve made progress in challenges. It’s kind of like moving food around on your plate to make it look like you’re eating.
- I feel like I need goals that deal more with numbers and less with book titles, like:
Get free ebooks shelf under 20:
As of 10/06 — 60
Get own-must-read shelf under (or around) 300:
As of 10/06 — 345
Get my raks-won-gifts shelf under 30:
As of 10/06 — 52
Read my 5 signed books (leaving out anthology and series book):
As of 10/06 — 0/5
- Does this seem more manageable? I feel like once I get my own-must-read list to a decent size, THEN I can deal with lists of books. Doing it this way gives me more flexibility to read different things on my shelf.
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Smash talks about Blogger Envy. Do you have it? I know I feel envious sometimes, but I think I’m happy with my blog as it is.
- Amanda talks about what makes her happy. What makes YOU happy?
- Alexa shares her romantic proposal story. Butterflies, people — BUTTERFLIES!
- Jac talks about banned books and asks if readers agree with banning books. Do you think certain books should be banned?
I’ve been busy reading all week — is there anything else I missed?
- Married to the Wolfman (Werewolf Erotic Romance, #1), by Julianne Reyer –> My GR Review
- Kidnapped by the Driver, by Jessi Bond –> My GR Review
- Bloodlust, by Larissa Ione –> My GR Review
- Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun, by Alessia Brio –> My GR Review
- Forced Awakening, by Bree Bellucci –> My GR Review
- Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1), by Karina Halle
- Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2), by Karina Halle
- The Benson (Experiment in Terror, #2.5), by Karina Halle –> My GR Review
- Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3), by Karina Halle
- Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4), by Karina Halle
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky –> My GR Review
- The Geek Job, by Eve Langlais –> My GR Review
- Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #1), by Felicity E. Heaton –> My GR Review
- Her Dark Angel (Her Angel, #1), by Felicity E. Heaton –> My GR Review
- The Knife’s Edge, by Stephanie Draven –> My GR Review
- On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5),by Karina Halle
- I love Karina Halle. That is all.
- The Casual Vacancy, by J. K. Rowling
- Yes. I’m still reading this. I’m just not feeling it. This might be a DNF.
- Graveminder, by Melissa Marr
- On sale at the bookstore — it looks creeptastic!
- Old Blood (Experiment in Terror, #5.5), by Karina Halle
- The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7), by Karina Halle
- Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight, #1), by Darynda Jones
- From Jenni at Alluring Reads!
- Send, by Patty Blount
- From Jenni at Alluring Reads!
- Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn’t Have), by Sarah Mlynowski
- Won from Marie at Ramblings of a Daydreamer (& signed by Sarah!)
- Furious, by Jill Wolfson (ARC)
- The Night She Disappeared, by April Henry
- The Humming Room, by Ellen Potter
- These are all courtesy of Raincoast Books! Thank you!
Free-Ebooks (60) <– I blame Kelly and Amanda for this. I scoured while watching a movie on Sunday — found many interesting titles! Then I found more on Tuesday. Then Wednesday. *sigh* WARNING: This list is HUGE!
- Kidnapping the Laird, by Terri Brisbin
- Steele (Sterling Files, #1), by Sherri L. King
- Marly’s Choice (Men of August, #1), by Lora Leigh
- The 19 Dragons, by S. M. Reine
- The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1), by Nicky Charles
- The Initiate (Cloud Prophet, #0.5), by Megg Jensen
- The Beast (The Beast, #2), by Alianne Donnelly
- The Alien King and I, by Lizzie Lynn Lee
- Rebel Heart, by Lizzy Ford
- Phantom Lovers, by Marie Medina
- Mirrorlight, by Jill Myles
- Just One Bite: Volume 2, by Victoria Blisse
- Inhale (Just Breathe, #1), by Kendall Grey
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, by H. P. Mallory
- Fairy Metal Thunder (Songs of Magic, #1), by J. L. Bryan
- Catching Caroline, by Sylvia Day
- Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1), by Megg Jensen
- A White Cougar Christmas, by Eliza Gayle
- Skye’s Trail (The Angelini, #1), by Jory Strong
- Vampire Dreams (Victorian Erotic, #1), by Gabrielle Bisset
- The Ties That Bind, by Kate Pearce
- Unwrapped, by Amber Skyze
- Let Them Eat Cake (Vampire Sentinal, #1), by Ravyn Wilde
- Maid For It, by Lucy Rodgers
- Elfbitten, by Leila Bryce Sin
- My Lady Vampire: Book 1, by Sahara Kelly
- A Little Harmless Surprise (Harmless, #3.5), by Melissa Schroeder
- The Young Soldier, by Eva Gaylord
- Beautiful Mess (Bailey’s Boys, #1), by Lucy V. Morgan
- Fury (Otherkin, #1), by Anya Bast
- The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1), by Lori Brighton
- A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1), by Elizabeth Hunter
- Hollowland (The Hollows, #1), by Amanda Hocking
- Hot Property, by Tamara Larson
- Kamikaze (Last Call, #1), by Moira Rogers
- Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire, #1), by J. R. Rain
- Stained (Stained, #1), by Ella James
- Taming the Vampire (Blood & Absinthe, #1), by Chloe Hart
- Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1), by Moira Rogers
- Wander Dust (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy, #1), by Michelle Warren
- Little Red Hood (An Erotic Fairy Tale), by Angela Black
- Heat of Passion (Out of Uniform, #2), by Elle Kennedy
- A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1), by Jayde Scott
- Branded (Fall of Angels, #1), by Keary Taylor
- Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1), by Quinn Loftis
- Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood, #1), by Heather Hildenbrand
- Broken: A Paranormal Romance, by David H. Burton
- Madly (Madly, #1), by M. Leighton
- Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1), by Tera Lynn Childs
- Enchantment (Channie, #1), by Charlotte Abel
- Taken (Channie, #2), by Charlotte Abel
- How to Date a Werewolf (Rylie Cruz, #1), by Rose Pressey
- Lawful Escort, by Tina Folsom
- Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1), by Kit Rocha
- Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1), by Karina Halle
- Lost in Wanderlust, by Karina Halle
- Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6), by Karina Halle
- The Devil’s Reprise (Devils, #2), by Karina Halle
send a jillion a text message how was your day today
— Wait? What?
don’t stare at me, i am not a book
people reading books
— … are awesome? Yes.
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.