From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Book review — On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5), by Karina Halle
Book review — Peeps (Peeps, #1), by Scott Westerfeld
Guest Post — Dirty Little Secret, by Anne at Creativity’s Corner
Book review — A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1), by Libba Bray
Book Hoarder’s Selection — The Spellman Files (The Spellmans, #1), by Lisa Lutz
Book review — This is Not a Test, by Courtney Summers
Musical Saturday — Experiments in Terror
What did I do this week? SO MANY THINGS!
- I continued with my library training and am LOVING it. I ended this week with so much information in my head, most of it work-related, but a lot of it was resources and other things that my library has that I had NO IDEA ABOUT. It’s hard to believe that with one library card, I can get so many things at my library. I love it so much!
- The dog is now on medication. This is not fun. She’s not really healing right, so she gets a liquid medicine AND a pill (well, one and a half). She’s not really a medicine dog, so it’s a big CHORE to get it in her system. Luckily, she still loves me, so I think I’m doing it well. Still, she might have to go back to the vet tomorrow to get checked out again.
- At my volunteer gig this week, the library I volunteer at was having a book fair. I remember LOVING book fairs when I was younger, so it was a treat to look at all the new books — and even buy a few. While I was putting books away, I overheard some kids talking about the book fair and what books they were going to buy. This led to a discussion of the books they like and series they like and it all made me so happy inside! It’s great hearing kids talk about books!
- I finished this week realizing that I will need some kind of time management system for when it comes to blogging, commenting, reading, working, eating, cleaning, etc. If I have busy weeks like this often, I’ll need something! I was way too far behind by the time Friday rolled around.
- Have you checked out my new blog yet? If you enjoy reading dirty reads, or hot, steamy romances, this is the place to be! It’s still in its newbie stage, but I promise that I’m going to try and get it out there as much as I can! If you want to guest post, let me know! This is the place to go if you like reading the smut, but it just doesn’t fit the nature of your own blog!
Unbreaking the Shelves progress:
Yeah. If you look at the amount of books I accumulated this week, this is NOT going well.
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Amanda talks about why we shouldn’t take advice from anyone. Take my advice and read it! (No, really!)
- Neil Gaiman released a TOTALLY FREE story for Halloween on Audible! I’ve listened to it a few times now and it’s AWESOME. And, if you’re a fan of Neil’s, the 10-year anniversary of Coraline is coming up and he has some pretty awesome things going on for it. If you’re a fan of Cassandra Clare, Melissa Marr, or Lauren Oliver (among others), you’ll want to check this out!
I know, I KNOW, there were more things that happened this week! I feel like I’m out of the loop or something.
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- The Hallowed Ones, by Laura Bickle
- Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1), by Olivia Cunning
- Camping with the Boys, by Sock Door Press
- Beauty Touched the Beast, by Skye Warren
- The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1), by Amy Cross
- Taken, by Selena Kitt
- Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2), by Darynda Jones (audiobook)
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Smoke & Bone, #1), by Laini Taylor
- Surrounded by Woods, by Mandy Harbin
- Connections, by Selena Kitt
- In the Barn, by Selena Kitt
- The Love Doctor, by Elaine Shuel
- Click-Clack the Rattlebag, by Neil Gaiman (audiobook)
- One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2), by Jeannine Frost
Own-Must-Read (366) (these are the audiobooks — the rest are in the video below!)
- Firelight (Firelight, #1), by Sophie Jordan
- Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1), by Stacia Kane
- Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2), by Stacia Kane
- City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3), by Stacia Kane
- Flip this Zombie (Living with the Dead, #2), by Jesse Petersen
- Eat Slay Love (Living with the Dead, #3), by Jesse Petersen
- Click-Clack the Rattlebag, by Neil Gaiman
Warning! I recorded this video after the longest day ever! I came home, washed off my makeup, changed into comfy clothes, laid on the floor for a bit (because when I tweet *face plants on the floor* I really mean it), THEN decided to record a video. Consider yourself special.
Jenni @ Alluring Reads, Jen @ A Book and a Latte, Christina @ A Reader of Fictions, Amanda @ On a Book Bender
And … AND! My parents gave me a few boxes of books from my childhood, which was pretty awesome. Some of my favourites are pictured below. Did anyone else have the Dandelion books, or the Little Golden books growing up?
sexy love senes on a desk from books
why are we embarrassed to write sex scenes in books?
— Is this a thing? Are we embarrassed to write sex scenes?
Crazy rambling spam:
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.