From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
On Reading In Winter:
Cover Love: The Selection series, by Keira Cass
Blog Tour: Two and Twenty Dark Tales – Q&A with Michelle Zink & Giveaway
Book review: Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1), by Laini Taylor
Book Hoarder’s Selection: Someone Else’s Life, by Katie Dale
Cover Reveal: And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5), by Karina Halle
Book Review: The Hallowed Ones, by Laura Bickle
Discussion: The Book Snob (Are You One?)
Book Hoarder’s Selection: My Life Next Door, by Huntley Fitzpatrick
On A Winter Writer:
(If you’re wondering where the After Dark update is, I’m actually NOT updating that blog anymore — I have some scheduled posts until the end of the year, but it’s just too stressful and I really don’t want this blog to slide! I loved the idea of that blog, but with everything that’s going on, I just can’t make it be what I want it to be. Thank you, to everyone who’s been reading it — and to all of my contributors!)
What did I do this week?
- It’s been TWO WEEKS since my last Clock Rewinders post and I feel slightly less stressed, but then I think of all the things I’m behind on and start to stress again. *sigh*
- BUT, hubs has commented that I don’t complain at all with the new job — because I’m loving it. 🙂
- I had my first Christmas party last night! It was fun and I had some wine and great conversation AND some turkey. Yum! And now today it’s snowing and I plan to make hot chocolate soon — it’s the perfect winter weekend!
- Even though I’m crazy behind on blogging things, I managed to get quite a bit of reading done when I finally had a few days to myself — AND I’m staying on top of my TV shows. One day I’ll find balance. I also got an iPad and am so happy with it! I can get library books SO EASY on it and I’m kind of in love with the Jurassic Park app.
- Oh, AND I had major puppy pangs this week because there were TWO occasions I got to cuddle a super cute and cuddly black lab pup. She was sooo cute!
- I’d love to say that I’m right on track with my NaNo project, but I’m not. I just haven’t had the time and haven’t quite found the balance I’d like to have in my life. My story is still in my head and I do want to write it and finish it, but until I can figure out some time management, it’s not going to happen right now. I will figure it out!
Unbreaking the Shelves progress:
- I’ve been reading a ton of books this week, but they were ALL library books! I have a stack of 27 books in my kitchen, so I’m working through them. Though, I did do some more weeding on my shelves which felt good. I was hoping to donate some books to my library and to my mom. My problem is that I suffer from major anxiety when it comes to reading books. The number of books that I own and need to read makes me extremely anxious and I know I’ll never catch up. I feel like I need to just purge as much as I can. I find that when I do this, I feel better. And I don’t even think of the books again.
- BUT, while I still am feeling anxiety, I haven’t bought a book in the last two weeks! I also haven’t had the urge to buy any books. Yay! I think being at the library helps because I usually come home from a shift with at least one book, so it feels like I’m buying them when I’m not. It’s actually pretty awesome.
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Kelly from Radiant Shadows posted a great discussion on blog snobbery.
- Ashley from Book Labyrinth talks about book swag — my favourite book swag is bookmarks, postcards, and buttons. What are yours?
- Amanda from On a Book Bender wrote a note to her silent readers. Can I just say THANK YOU to all of my silent readers for reading my blog? I love you all!
It’s been two weeks, so I’m sure I missed something!
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- How to Save a Life, by Sara Zarr
- Love Anthony, by Lisa Genova
- Into the Hollow (EIT, #6), by Karina Halle
- Zoo, by James Patterson (audiobook)
- What Happened to Goodbye?, by Sarah Dessen
- Fat Vampire: A Never Coming of Age Story, by Adam Rex
- The Chosen One, by Carol Lynch Williams
- Flip This Zombie (Living With the Dead, #2), by Jesse Petersen (audiobook)
- @WriMo: A 30-Day Survival Guide for Writers, by Kevin S. Kaiser
- Lock and Key, by Sarah Dessen
- The Infects, by Sean Beaudoin
how to be like rory gilmore
— Well, first you need to read, and then you need to be awesome.
it really bugs me when real life friends only respond through facebook
— Yes. That bugs me, too. Pick up a phone, people!
do you need to read mary shelley’s frankenstein to understand this dark endeavor
— No, you do not! I haven’t read the original and found Kenneth Oppel’s version to be amazing.
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.