From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Weekend Library Reading (2): Hunk for the Holidays, by Katie Lane
Book Review: The Humming Room, by Ellen Potter
Book Review: Along for the Ride, by Sarah Dessen
Cover Love: Second Chance Summer, by Morgan Matson
Challenge: Anne & Kristilyn’s 2013 Book Bingo Challenge
Book Hoarder’s Selection: The Lonely Heart’s Club, by Elizabeth Eulberg
Book Review: On the Island, by Tracey Garvis-Graves
Weekend Library Reading (#1): The List, by Siobhan Vivian
Guest Post: Rouge: The Soundtrack, by Leigh Talbert Moore (Blog Tour)
Audiobook Review: Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2), by Darynda Jones
Cover Love: Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath, #1), by Anne Greenwood Brown
What did I do
this week? in the past 3 weeks?
- Yup. It has been a whopping THREE WEEKS since my last Clock Rewinders post! I had a week where I really didn’t read anything, was behind on reading blogs, and just didn’t think I’d post anything. THEN, the next week happened and I was just plain ol’ busy, so I decided to put it off again. And NOW, I finally decided to post something. Wanna know something funny? As I write this right now, it’s Monday. I guess this is how much prep I need?
- I have been WORKING! It’s been so much fun, despite the fact that I’ve had to drive on the crappiest of roads to get there. But when I get to work and get surrounded by the books, people who love to read, and my wonderful co-workers (not to mention all the coffee I usually bring), I get so happy. Roads be damned! I love my job. 🙂
- Everyone seems to be posting bookish wishlists lately, so I made one up. I haven’t been buying books, so it actually took quite a while to think of some books to put on it! If you look at it, you’ll laugh, because it’s only 10 books. Ha!
- We had the CRAZIEST SNOWFALL happen and it had to happen when my husband had gone out of town for work for LESS than 24 hours. Really, Mother Nature? You couldn’t wait until the morning he got back? Nope. I used the blower on the shop vac and “snowblowed” the deck. I’m wild like that.
- This week was nuts — not only did we have the snow, but I witnessed an accident, went into the ditch, and found a mouse in the garage. Hubs wasn’t even home, so I was going crazy. I had a wee bit of anxiety issues to top it all off. On a positive note, I took first aid training this week and totally got my certificate! Yeah! A positive thing!
- I actually had this happen during my LAST Clock Rewinder post, but I was actually put in the acknowlegments of a Karina Halle book! Can we just enter a really loud and annoying “squeeee!” here? Seriously, I fangirled all over this:
- So, while I really loved the idea of having my After Dark blog, I realized that I just didn’t have time to maintain it. I’m very much a mood reader, so I pick up whatever I want to read in that moment. I’ve also been busy and haven’t been reading as much as I want to, so this means that I’ve pretty much been reading books that AREN’T full of sexy times. So, as of January 1st, the After Dark blog will be no more. 😦 I also didn’t want to neglect this blog — I love it so much! I have to say a HUGE thank you to Amanda and Kelly for their contributions — luckily, they started up their own blog for their freebie reads and their GLA books, so head over there to see what they’re up to!
- I started a new feature! While I have my weekly Book Hoarder’s Selection feature, I thought that one day (and you’re gonna laugh) I will run out of books on my shelves, so I should start featuring a place where I get a lot of my books now — my library! Because I didn’t want to post two similar things each week, I thought I’d alternate between my Book Hoarder’s post and my Weekend Library Reading post — the first on every other Friday, the second on every other Saturday. My library has an AMAZING selection of books, so I hope to feature some great ones!
- Anne and I started up an AWESOME challenge for 2013. We had a few days of brainstorming, then me and my Adobe Illustrator got majorly acquainted, and the 2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge was born! We’re both so seriously excited for it and hopefully you can join us!
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere! (Note: I know there are MORE things, but I’m very behind on my Reader, so more will be included on my NEXT CR post. :))
- Amanda had a great post about building community. I know I try to do all the things on her list, how about you?
- Kelly and Amanda started a new blog! Free Books Need Love, Too is for review of their freebie finds!
- AND — since they do ALL THE THINGS — Kelly and Amanda introduced their Seriously Series Challenge for 2013 — it looks like quite the challenge!
- I love this post from Rachel over at Fikshun, which talks about memes. For me, meme etiquette means visiting bloggers who comment on a meme I participate in and maybe seeking out some new bloggers through the host site for the meme. What about you?
- Katie talks about why she posts more positive reviews on her blog. I tend to post more positive reviews, mainly because I read so much and choose to showcase books I hope my readers will like. Of course, if you visit my Goodreads page, you’ll see a HUGE variety of ratings.
- Beth Revis talks about faking it until you make it. She also posted this AWESOME post about Keanu Reeves. It ALL MAKES SENSE!
- In Ontario, 300 books soaked in urine. To this I say, what??? This must be a HUGE library for a section to be completely overlooked.
And some videos …
John Green recommends books in a very John Green way:
And Alex Day releases a new video!
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- Lock and Key, by Sarah Dessen
- The List, by Siobhan Vivian
- Let it Snow, by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
- So sweet. SO SWEET! A great Christmas read!
- Darkfever (Fever, #1), by Karen Marie Moning (audiobook)
- The Spellman Files (The Spellmans, #1), by Lisa Lutz
- I honestly didn’t expect to like this one as much as I did — it was awesome!
- Triangles, by Ellen Hopkins
- I just could NOT get into this. I put it down for a while, then had no desire to pick it back up again.
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
I have NOT bought any books for OVER A MONTH! What fresh heck is going on? Who am I? The funny thing, however, is that I’ve been reading a lot of library books and only a few of the books that I actually own. Still, my pocketbook is SO happy that I’m not just buying up everything in sight!
And just some funny things, like YouTube recommending me a CRAZY video after I watched a Gossip Girl video. I mean, really, YouTube? How are these related?
And a funny spam comment … I mean, I know I write the best reviews, but this is just oh, so flattering!
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.