From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Book Review: Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver
Book Review: How to Save a Life, by Sara Zarr
Book Hoarder’s Selection (18): Comfort and Joy, by Kristin Hannah
What did I do this week?
- Relaxed! Work was slow, hubs was away, it was cold outside, so it was the perfect time to build a fire and curl up with a good book or a movie. And sleep in. There was a bit of that. 🙂
- Of course, the week should always start with an emergency, which was only inevitable after the previous week. Monday morning I had to take the dog to the vet after she took some weird turn Sunday night and wasn’t herself. She woke us up in the night with crying and pretty much laid on the floor staring at the oven for the morning. Turns out she had an EAR INFECTION. Yup. Thankfully, she’s feeling much better now!
- Other than that, I read, slept, worked, watched my TV shows and some movies. It was a nice week!
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Amanda talks about plagiarism and how we’re still doing it. Amanda also talks about the downfall of ratings.
- Anne talks about judging books by genre and size. Haven’t we all done this?
There may have been more things? I haven’t been around social media too much, so sorry if I missed something!
Since I’m useless in the links department, here are some Christmas videos!
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- My Life Next Door, by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Someone Else’s Life, by Katie Dale
- Hunk for the Holidays, by Katie Lane
- Croak (Croak, #1), by Gina Damico
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- Yes. I’m STILL reading this. I am liking it, but I’ve been taking a lot of breaks to read other books!
- Comfort & Joy, by Kristin Hannah
- I love Kristin Hannah! This is a gooder. 🙂
STILL haven’t bought any books! Woo! I did wind up in a bookstore this week, but left after buying books for other people and none for myself. WHO AM I?!?!
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.