From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Happy New Year! (talking about some new year goals and resolutions, both blogging, reading, and personal)
ARC Review: Catherine, by April Lindner
Book Hoarder’s Selection: For Darkness Shows the Stars, by Diana Peterfreund
BOUT OF BOOKS 6.0: Goals and Starting Line Post
What did I do
this week? in the past two weeks?
- Christmas happened! We had a great few days with friends and family — played lots of games and had some great meals. It was wonderful!
- Hubs and I relaxed some more, watched LOTS of holiday movies, and did some housework things. In fact, I deep cleaned the kitchen, the bathrooms, read LOTS of articles on Real Simple, made up a small crafting area for myself, did a little online shopping for household necessities, and made sure I was totally ready for 2013! The only thing I forgot was getting a calendar! But, seeing as we made it into December with the calendar still being on October, I think I’m good for a little while. 🙂
- New Years came! And hubs and I watched The Big Bang Theory until about 10:00, then went to bed. We’re old like that.
- I got to go back to work this week and was super happy about it. Like I said, I just love being around ALL THE BOOKS and the people who love the books. And, after being a sloth for about a week, it was nice to get up and move around — my body appreciated it.
- I changed one of my shelves on Goodreads to “on-my-ereader” after realizing that I have my Kobo, my iPod, and my iPad (which has 4 reading apps on it) — ALL of which I read on. Whenever I’d add anything to the Kindle app, I’d add it as being “on-my-kobo,” which has been driving me nuts!
- Went and saw Jack Reacher on Saturday. It was really good! We were going to see The Hobbit, but weren’t sure about a 3 hour movie. Instead we went to the shorter film then went out for dinner. It was a nice day!
2013 BOOK BINGO PROGRESS:
- Well, I’ve read a book in a series, as well as a book everyone seems to have read but me. I know how I want to attack the board, so I’ve been mapping my books out on paper — I’ll update more when I feel like I’ve accomplished more!
2013 SERIOUSLY SERIES CHALLENGE PROGRESS:
- No progress yet, since I have yet to pick up ANY of the books in the piles by my bed (all of which are on my series list. I love piles of books.). I do hope to attack it in the upcoming week during Bout of Books!
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Smash posted her Best of 2012 list and shares her 2012 Blogging Memories!
- Anne talks about reruns — do you like reruns?
- Kelly posted her 2012 Year in Review — and Amanda posted her 2012 Highlights!
- Ella (at Queen Ella Bee Reads) talks about how she finds the time to read.
- Amanda talks about Facebook and Your Blog.
- Erica (at The Book Cellar) asks what makes us keep reading a book or an author.
- Anne talks about book recommendations that don’t include reviews — woo! lack of spoilers!
- Kelly posted her first Blog Housekeeping post — I am SO thankful for this! I thought I was ahead, but NOW I definitely am!
- Bout of Books starts on Monday! Have you signed up yet?
And a few authors and other things …
- Neil Gaiman shares some words about the New Year.
- Epic reads has this awesome post about readers. I identify with THEM ALL.
And this video … it made me fall of my chair when I saw it and laugh well into the night. Seriously.
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
Read-in-2012 (259) <– not bad, I say!
- Comfort & Joy, by Kristin Hannah
- Catherine, by April Lindner
- 1225 Christmas Tree Lane (Cedar Cove, #12), by Debbie Macomber
- The Lonely Hearts Club, by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole, #1), by Jenn Cooksey
- Ten, by Gretchen McNeil
- The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1), by Abbi Glines
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- I know, I know. I will eventually get back to this one. I know EXACTLY where I left off, so it shouldn’t be too hard.
- That Summer, by Sarah Dessen
- I love Sarah Dessen, but I’ll admit I’m not really feeling this book … it’s taking a while to get through!
- For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1), by Diana Peterfreund
- Just started this one on Saturday! Everyone loves it, so I can’t wait to really dig in. 🙂
- Unremembered (Unremembered, #1), by Jessica Brody
- Thank you to Raincoast Books for this one!
- Marco Impossible, by Hannah Moskowitz
- Thank you, again, to Raincoast Books! 🙂
- The Boy Who Sneaks Into My Bedroom Window, by Kirsty Moseley
- Bought with a promo code from Kobo. Sale books are okay, right? 🙂
- Flat-Out Love, by Jessica Park
- Bought with a gift card!
- Shark Bait, by Jenn Cooksey
- Bought with a gift card — and only $1.00!
- Down to You, by M. Leighton
- Another gift card purchase — and another $1.00!
- The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1), by Jessica Sorensen
- Another $1.00!
- Ten Tiny Breaths, by K. A. Tucker
- Only $0.99!
- The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1), by Tarryn Fisher
- Another $1.00 — and some great Goodreads recommendations!
- Hopeless, by Colleen Hoover
- Bought with another Kobo promo code!
- If I Tell, by Janet Gurtler
- Only $0.99 in the iBooks store!
Sooo …. I bought some books. BUT, they were on sale, or they had a promo code — that’s all good, right?
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.