From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Cover Love: A Little 2013 Cover Love
ARC Review: Stealing Parker (Hundred Oaks, #2), by Miranda Kennealley
Book Review: Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6), by Karina Halle
Book Review: The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1), by Abbi Glines
Book Review: Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole, #1), by Jenn Cooksey
Weekend Library Reading (3): Lockdown (Escape From Furnace, #1), by Alexander Gordon Smith
What did I do this week?
- Bout of Books happened! That means that I spent the majority of my time reading. Like, really.
- We had the Edmonton Book Blogger Christmas meet-up last night (well, tonight, since I’m writing this on Saturday evening!)! Really great to see these ladies again. We had a HUGE spread of food and talked books with one another. It was a lot of fun!
- I started a new blog. I know I say this ALL THE TIME, but this is the kind of blog I’ve wanted to start for a while, somewhere where I can talk about whatever the heck I want to, share my crafting things, my music, my thoughts, my photography. It’s going to be a mishmosh of lots of things, but I think I’m going to be happy with it. Eventually, I want to transfer a lot of my posts from now-defunct blogs over to this one. I have a lot of recipes and crafty-things to share! And I can post new music to share with family and friends:
2013 BOOK BINGO PROGRESS:
- I AM MAKING PROGRESS! I’m attempting to do a certain win for the 3 month update, so I’m trying to read my books around that. MOST of the books I’m reading I’m trying to fit into this challenge — of course, I have a ton that don’t, but that’s okay, too.
2013 SERIOUSLY SERIES CHALLENGE PROGRESS:
- MORE PROGRESS! Hoorah! I feel like a pilgrim!
Series Started Before 2013 –> Seriously Serious (7-12)
Series Started In 2013 –> Super Seriously Serious (13-18)
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Anne talks about how writing reviews is SCARY! She also talks about wanting to read faster and the anxiety about reading all the books.
- This is the kind of post that has been going around in the past few weeks, but April talks about finding the time to read and how we ALL can find the time to read!
- Hannah talks about being a book hoarder. Really, I can’t relate. *sneaks away to hide all the books*
- Kelly talks about her love of novellas and short stories — I am addicted to these things, I tell you!
- Jac talks about reading slumps — how do you power through a slump?
- Amanda stalks Mary from Book Swarm.
- Vicky talks about audiobooks — are you a fan of audiobooks?
Are you addicted to the internet? John Green is.
After watching this, I wondered what I did on the internet back in the 90’s when it first came out. There is SO MUCH MORE now!
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- That Summer, by Sarah Dessen
- For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1), by Diana Peterfreund
- Smile, by Raine Telgemeier
- Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1), by Jamie McGuire
- The Walking Dead: Book One, by Robert Kirkman
- Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5), by Diana Peterfreund
- Guys Do Not Do Secret Santa (Hundred Oaks, #0.5), by Miranda Kennealley
- Return to Me, by Justina Chen
- The Glass Case, by Kristin Hannah (novella)
- Butter, by Erin Jade Lange
- Crewel (Crewel World, #1), by Ginnifer Albin
- Eat Slay Love (Living with the Dead, #3), by Jesse Petersen (audiobook)
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda (Origami Yoda, #1), by Tom Angleberger
- The Walking Dead: Book Two, by Robert Kirkman
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- Oh good gosh. I really need to get back to this one!
- Twilight (Twilight, #1), by Stephenie Meyer
- A reread.
- Rock On, by Denise Vega
- Thank you to Hachette Book Group Canada for this one!
- Just One Day, by Gayle Forman
- I had put this one on hold at the library, but couldn’t resist when I saw it at the bookstore!
- Lullaby (Watersong, #2), by Amanda Hocking
- I still haven’t read the first one in this series, but when I saw signed copies at the bookstore, I had to pick one up!
- The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys, #2), by Abbi Glines
- A gift from Jenni over at Alluring Reads — she couldn’t get through the first one, so she gave the first two books to me! Thanks, Jenni! 🙂
- Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4), by Jeaniene Frost
- Another gift from Jenni!
I also got a copy of The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter from Jenni, which I’ve read, but this will complete my collection, and The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines, which I bought as an ecopy. THANK YOU, JENNI!
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?