From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Guest Post: Music in Sins & Needles, Guest Post by Karina Halle
Book Review: What Happened to Goodbye, by Sarah Dessen
ARC Review: Return to Me, by Justina Chen
Book Review: One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2), by Jeaniene Frost
Weekend Library Reading: Darth Paper Strikes Back (Origami Yoda, #2), by Tom Angleberger
What did I do this week?
- On Monday, I was supposed to go to the doctor for an appointment, but ended up cancelling and had coffee with Jenni from Alluring Reads instead! The roads were terrible, so I made it to one city, where Jenni was, and decided to stop there. Thankfully, that city had a bookstore AND a Starbucks. WIN! I also got to meet Jenni’s ADORABLE son, Gage. 🙂
- Then, on Tuesday, I got sick. And I’ve been sick ever since! I blame the husband — because isn’t that what he’s for? But no, I had some kind of head cold, which morphed into a CRAZY sore throat which kept me from sleeping. On the plus side …
- I got addicted to Doctor Who! This is what a sick day will do to a person. It’s all Anne’s fault, really, since she was pushing me to watch the show. I have to say, it’s pretty awesome!
- My husband was away for the tail-end of the week, so I got lots of blogging done, for both blogs, watched lots of TV, and even read some books! It feels like I didn’t do much this week, but now I’m feeling quite accomplished!
- Oh, and I totally figured out how to use Pocket! I had no clue before how it would benefit me, but I really, really like it!
I also did a few new header designs, one for my new blog, and one for Anne’s …
I also did a few new buttons and whatnot, too. Let’s just say being sick on the couch means that after a while you will look for any reason to get OFF of the couch.
Lots of great things happened this week around the blogosphere!
- Anne wonders if you write in your books. I know I don’t — I have the worst writing ever that I just couldn’t!
- Anne also showed us where she works! Very cool post and a job I think I would love to do!
- And since I’m on the Anne-love train, here’s another post of hers where she talks about her love of film music. I can totally relate — her love of film scores is starting to turn me into a film score junkie!
- Amanda is in a bit of a blogging slump. I’ve been there before!
- Hannah talks about how to gift the perfect book. I love giving books as gifts! I just wish I knew more readers. 🙂
- Alexa talks about reading more than one book at a time. I can sometimes be a multi-book reader, but not all the time!
- Kelly talks about happy endings … er, happily ever afters. In books. Get your mind out of the gutter.
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- At Grave’s End (Night Huntress, #3), by Jeaniene Frost
- Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1), by Karina Halle
- Things I Can’t Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3), by Miranda Kenneally
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- I promise, I DO plan to keep reading this, just not yet.
- Darth Paper Strikes Back (Origami Yoda, #2), by Tom Angleberger
- This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5), by Jeaniene Frost
- Such a Rush, by Jennifer Echols
- Virtuosity, by Jessica Martinez
- On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1), by Samantha Young
- Slammed (Slammed, #1), by Colleen Hoover
- Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2), by Colleen Hoover
- Ruby Red (Ruby Red Trilogy, #1), by Kerstin Gier
- Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red Trilogy, #2), by Kerstin Gier
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?