From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
Book Review: Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1), by Karina Halle (Blog Tour)
ARC Review: Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1), by Gail Carriger
Discussion: How Do You Read?
Book Hoarder’s Selection (21): Never Enough, by Denise Jaden
Book Review: Croak (Croak, #1), by Gina Damico
Book Review: The Strange Case of Origami Yoda (Origami Yoda, #1), by Tom Angleberger
Book Review: Someone Else’s Life, by Katie Dale
Cover Reveal: Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2), by Karina Halle
Weekend Library Reading (5): The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen
What did I do
this in the last two weeks?
- So, Anne (over at Creativity’s Corner) is completely evil and got me hooked on Doctor Who, which basically meant that I spent a good six days completely consumed with the series and didn’t do much of anything else. THANKS, Anne. No, but really, the series is awesome and I’m happy to be watching it! Of course, I had to force myself to stop watching and rewatching it and actually DO something, which meant blog things!
- Thankfully, Kelly posted another housekeeping post in the last two weeks, which led me to make a list of things to update and accomplish. That meant writing reviews for this blog, reading some books, writing things up for my OTHER blog, and looking up things that I wanted to make. Like a new iPod case. About 3 weeks after I made an awesome one for myself, I lost it. GO ME.
- We’ve had some crazy weather here, with the temperature being -43 with the windchill, then up to +3 the next day. Really, Canada weather is awesome.
- On a lighter note, I’m feeling TONS better since my last Clock Rewinders post, so I’m more in the mood to actually accomplish productive things. That’s always good, right?
- Hubs and I had a great day out over this weekend, which included some horrible service at a restaurant, which led us to walk out and go next door to a restaurant we hadn’t been to before, which turned out to be AWESOME. I told the waitress how awesome she was, compared to our service at the other restaurant, and it turns out that the restaurant we were at is related to the other one. So she told the manager, who told the other guy, and he walked over from the other restaurant to talk to us. Basically, he said the next meal is on him because there’s no excuse for bad service. So we’re going to try and go for a Valentine’s lunch and see if he remembers. 🙂
- Oh, and Anne got me hooked on the Lizzie Bennet Diaries. It’s pretty awesome. Here’s the first episode if you also want to get hooked:
Book Bingo Challenge Update:
- Finally, I’ve printed off my scorecard … this makes things so much easier! Here’s my progress thus far:
Clearly I need to get on the ball and, uh, reread some books! I’m a bit of a slacker in that area.
Seriously Series Challenge Update:
- I’ve been slacking in this series but plan to pull up my boots and get reading! My series books sit next to my bed and have been giving me the evil eye for some time. It’s time to read some of them! I’ve even started one of the series I’ve really been looking forward to this week!
Thank GOODNESS for Pocket — I managed to save a bunch of posts that I wanted to read from my Google Reader in the last few weeks. I had been checking it, but never actually read or commented on blogs for a good 6 days. I’m telling you — obsessions CONSUME me.
- Anne muses about her dream library. Don’t we ALL do this? 🙂 She also talks about community love.
- Jac talks about hyped books and whether or not it’s okay to hate books that everyone else seems to love.
- Anne talks about being a perfectionist as well as her preference for LONG story arcs.
- Amanda talks about the different quirks we use in writing book reviews.
- BookRiot posted the best coffee mugs for book lovers and I want them ALL!
- Rachelia talks about how to use your Google Reader in the most efficient way possible.
- Jen talks about how to manage your Goodreads notifications — such a help!
- Megan posted about being a jealous book blogger.
- Stephanie Perkins released an UNRELEASED CHAPTER of Anna and the French Kiss! One of my favourite books!
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- Talking Pictures: Images and Messages Rescued From the Past, by Ransom Riggs
- This book was AWESOME. It’s the same guy who write Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, but it’s nothing like that book. This is a book filled with photos. It was humourous, heartbreaking, and quick. Highly recommended!
- Darth Paper Strikes Back (Origami Yoda, #2), by Tom Angleberger
- LOVE this series. It’s just so cute and has some great messages!
- Speechless, by Hannah Harrington
- This book and Darth Paper are two books I needed to read to catch up on Weekend Library Reads and Book Hoarder’s Selections … sure felt good to get them read! I’m still behind, though …
- Never Enough, by Denise Jaden
- Another Book Hoarder’s book and really good! Much different than what I thought it would be.
- Solitary (Escape from Furnace, #2), by Alexander Gordon Smith
- Another series I’m really enjoying, though I took a long break in the middle of this one (Doctor Who …). Still, very intense, kind of gross, and very much a boy series. It’s great!
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (Pretty, #1), by Jenny Han
- So, so good! I can’t believe I waited this long to read this!
- Awkward Family Photos, by Mike Bender
- Really not that funny … I expected more.
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- I promise, I DO plan to keep reading this, just not yet.
- It’s Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2), by Jenny Han
- Such a great series!
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
- YES! THIS! I AM READING A CLASSIC!
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?