Book Review: Lock & Key, by Sarah Dessen
Book Review: Crewel (Crewel World, #1), by Gennifer Albin
ARC Review: Mind Games (Mind Games, #1), by Kiersten White
Discussion: Modern Adaptations of Classics
Book Hoarder’s Selection (23): The Replacement, by Brenna Yovanoff
ARC Review: The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3), by Aimee Carter
And Over on Winter Distractions:
- I talked about my addiction to Royal Wood’s THE GLORY. If ever there was a reason to swoon, it’s when watching this man play the piano!
- I raved about the BBC mini-series Pride & Prejudice, based on the Jane Austen classic. There may have been LOTS of Colin Firth swooning going on.
- I reviewed an AMAZING non-fiction book by author Ransom Riggs (who wrote Miss Peregrine’s School For Peculiar Children). If you want to be completely moved, read Talking Pictures: Images and Messages Rescued From the Past. This is the first book review on Winter Distractions!
- I made a LOT of banana bread!
- Anne and I introduced a STORY WRITING CHALLENGE we’ll be starting in a few weeks!
- On Sunday, some of the Edmonton book bloggers met up for coffee and book shopping. Always great to see these ladies — and they give me a perfect excuse to buy a few books for myself. 🙂
- I made up a FORUM for the Edmonton Book Bloggers to post in. After two tries on two separate free forum sites, I finally found one that worked. That was a MAJOR headache, but I’m glad I got it done.
- I got “recognized” at the school where I volunteer by a little boy who asked if I work at the BIG library. He was so sweet and smiley!
- I accepted a music gig! I haven’t played live for YEARS, like at least 3, but a good friend of mine who manages one of the libraries in the city asked if I would play for their 100-Year anniversary celebration for the Edmonton Public Library. Of course I couldn’t turn that down! That means practice, practice, practice until the gig on the 13th. BUT it’s on my birthday AND there will be cake there. It’s like it was meant to happen!
Book Bingo Challenge Update:
- Once I reread ONE MORE BOOK, I’ll have a second Bingo! And I almost have a third Bingo, but I still need to read a few more new releases AND my free square pick.
Seriously Series Challenge Update:
- I only read ONE series book this week, but it did complete one of the series I had been reading!
Series Started Before 2013 –> Seriously Serious (7-12)
Series Started In 2013 –> Super Seriously Serious (13-18)
- Jamie reflects on her reading style from before she was a blogger to her current state as a blogger.
- Marie talks about those people who seem to hate everything they read. Where’s the love of reading if you don’t like anything?
- Allison reflects on ONE YEAR as a co-blogger over at Good Books and Good Wine.
- Anne talks about her book cover (& size) OCD. I think I am the same way!
- Kelly has another blog housekeeping post up! Thankfully, I’ve been on top of things this week!
- Cass wonders how we pick our books. Are you a last-line reader? A back cover reader? Or do you just pick one up?
- Moll talks about finding BALANCE with blogging (something I’ve written about in the past!), as well as friends vs. cliques in the blogging community.
- Flat Out Love, by Jessica Park
- Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2), by Anne Greenwood Brown
- Much Ado About Nothing, by William Shakespeare (audiobook/book)
- Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell
- The Beasts of Clawstone Castle, by Eva Ibbotson (audiobook)
- The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1), by Maureen Johnson (reread)
- Nantucket Blue, by Leila Howland (thank you, Hachette Book Group Canada!)
- Thousand Words, by Jennifer Brown (thank you, Hachette Book Group Canada!)
- This is What Happy Looks Like, by Jennifer E. Smith (thank you, Hachette Book Group Canada!)
- The Lucy Variations, by Sara Zarr (thank you, Hachette Book Group Canada!)
- Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell (thank you, St. Martin’s Press!)
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- American Gods, by Neil Gaiman (10-year Anniversary Edition)
- Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen
- Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1), by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Legend (Legend, #1), by Marie Lu
- Prodigy (Legend, #2), by Marie Lu
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?