Read-Along: Through the Ever Night (Sign-Up)
Book Review: For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1), by Diana Peterfreund
Book Review: That Summer, by Sarah Dessen
Book Review: Lockdown (Escape From Furnace, #1), by Alexander Gordon Smith
ARC Review: Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell
And Over on Winter Distractions:
- I signed up for the A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE read-along (this seems so daunting, so I’m just starting with the first book!)
I thought about introductions in classic literature — am I the only one not reading these?
- I shared my song for HarperCollins Canada’s 2013 March Madness competition.
- I shared more of my thoughts on season two of Doctor Who. (“I’m being facetious. There’s no call for that.”)
- I reviewed Jane Austen’s classic, Pride & Prejudice. (Loved it!)
- I organized my recipes and told you how you can do it, too!
- I made some music and shared my song Go Away (I Don’t Want You To).
- The Rory Gilmore reading challenge moved over to Winter Distractions!
- I missed this on my last rewind, but my friend Adrienne and I got to see the magnificent Sarah Slean in concert last Saturday! She’s been a favourite of mine FOREVER and I remember seeing her play in the city at grungy, run-down bars over a DECADE ago. Now she’s playing at sold-out theatres with string sections. It was perfect!
- I’ve done LOTS of practicing this past week for the gig on Wednesday! AND I work on my birthday now, too. It’ll be a busy day! I guess that’s better than just me and the dogs at home. 🙂
- I tried to get my butt back on the being healthy bandwagon. I watched a movie called Hungry for Change which really reminded me of all the things I KNOW I should be doing for myself, but haven’t been for the past few years. It is time for a change! I spent a lot of time looking up some healthy recipes, grocery shopping, figuring out the best ways for me to workout and whatnot. I’ve tried this before but I really must stick to it this time — my body deserves so much better than I’ve been giving it!
- IT’S MY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK! While we don’t celebrate birthdays that much, hubs and I went out to a movie and lunch over the weekend AND took a trip to the bookstore where I pet some books while the husband pretended he didn’t know me. I’m kind of excited for this birthday, for some weird reason, EVEN THOUGH I work that day AND have a gig. Maybe it’s the cake that’ll be at the gig? Who knows.
Book Bingo Challenge Update:
- Slowly working my way through my books! I’m heading towards the heavier boxes and really should plot out my plan of attack!
Seriously Series Challenge Update:
- I started a series this week! That’s a win, right? 🙂
Series Started Before 2013 –> Seriously Serious (7-12)
Series Started In 2013 –> Super Seriously Serious (13-18)
- Jenn, from Owl Read It, started up a NEW BLOG! I was very happy to design a few buttons for her — nothing like helping out a fellow Canadian! Be sure to give A Glo Worm Reads a follow!
- Kat posted an AWESOME post on why stats don’t matter. This was actually posted the week before this past week, but I just saw it now. I say read it! Read it now!
- Jenn shares her thoughts on series books versus standalone novels.
- Alexa shares her trip to the Philippines — looks like a lot of fun!
- Jen talks about the different love triangles in YA books.
- I found this older post by Jamie about how listening to audiobooks have turned her into a super fit & productive person — she motivated me to do the same!
- Anne cancels discussion day due to some awesome news!
- Amanda talks about how YOU can make graphics when you don’t want to spend the money on fancy programs!
- Michele talks about Glee and all the things I’m disliking about it. I may not continue watching the show since it’s just not the same!
- It’s almost Bloggiesta time! Are you signing up? I’d like to, but I’m not sure what I can do if I sign up — I feel like I’ve been caught up on things this year!
- Jamie talks about her new bookclub and gives some suggestions on how you can start your own.
- Amanda is searching for an associate reviewer! Head on over to her blog to get the details!
- Kelly wants to know your blogging tricks and tips that keep you on track!
- Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping, by Melanie Watt
- How To Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You, by Matthew Inman
- Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1), by Veronica Rossi
- Drama, by Raina Tegelmeier
- The Moon and More, by Sarah Dessen
- Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters, #1), by Alethea Kontis
- Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1), by Aimee Agresti
Currently-Reading (7) (<– Yes. This is correct.)
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
- Aaaaalmost finished this one!
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- I’m trying to finish this one! I actually read some this weekend!
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire, #1), by George R. R. Martin
- For a read-along … working on two chapters a day on the bike!
- My Point … And I Do Have One, by Ellen DeGeneres
- Reading a little bit of this once in a while … it’s funny, but not my favourite of hers.
- A Study in Scarlet: The Graphic Novel, by Ian Edginton
- It’s safe to say I love Sherlock Holmes. 🙂
- Marco Impossible, by Hannah Moskowitz
- A review book. I like it, but it’s a little slowgoing.
- Live Through This, by Mindi Scott
- VERY good so far!
- A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice & Fire, #2), by George R. R. Martin (a birthday buy!)
- The Peach Keeper, by Sarah Addison Allen (a sale birthday buy!)
- The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2), by Maureen Johnson (signed! From Anne!)
I’ve also been slacking on showing some of the other things I’ve obtained in the last few weeks, so here are some pictures!
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?