One of my favourite series has ended — read my thoughts on the last book of Beth Revis’s Across the Universe series, Shades of Earth.
Are you participating in the 2013 Book Bingo Challenge Anne and I are hosting? Be sure to share your first update!
A happy surprise for me — I reviewed Girl Unmoored by Jennifer Gooch Hummer.
I reviewed This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith — such a sweet book!
I shared my thoughts on the first part of the Anna and the French Kiss read-along. Still loving it, even as a reread!
It was Musical Saturday! I shared a song about not being able to move on from that really, really good book.
I wondered, what kind of obsessor are you?
Shakespeare time! I reviewed a favourite of mine, Much Ado About Nothing.
I shared the top ten fictional characters I would crush on if I were also a fictional character.
I reviewed one of my favourite books, Stardust by Neil Gaiman.
I shared my thoughts on Ruby in the Smoke, the first in the Sally Lockhart BBC series.
Cooper shares his puppy dog eyes.
I was over on Cassie’s blog talking about Canadian Authors You NEED to Read!
Remember how I said last week was busy? Well this was was ALSO busy. But it’s doing things I love to do! Tomorrow, my library is starting its move, which is so exciting! For the last two weeks, we’ve been boxing up the collection since we’re moving into a space that’s 40% of our current size. It’ll be cozy, but eventually the space attached to us will be renovated and we’ll have a big, beautiful library! It’s going to be awesome!
Other than that, not much has been happening. I tried to be a better reader this week and started listening to an audiobook, worked my way through my pile of books I *said* I was going to read, but still didn’t read as much as I would have liked. Hopefully I can figure out my schedule soon enough and stay on top of things!
Today I’m meeting with the Edmonton Book Bloggers for lunch and some bookstore browsing. Should be fun. 🙂
Book Bingo Challenge Update:
- I managed to get another reread in, which was great, and I’m working on a TBR pile book right now!
- Here’s my written progress –> HERE.
Seriously Series Challenge Update:
- No progress made for this this week. 😦 Better luck next week!
Series Started Before 2013 –> Seriously Serious (7-12)
Series Started In 2013 –> Super Seriously Serious (13-18)
I’m still working on catching up with my reader … I’m almost there!
- We were introduced to Jenna, the new reviewer over on Amanda’s blog!
- Asti talks about book trailers — I have to admit that I don’t watch them very much. She also talks about book return policies — have you ever returned a book? OR, have you ever returned a book after reading it?
- Jenn muses on finding balance between life, reading, and blogging.
- Kelly talks about shifts in ratings — can our mood affect a rating for a book?
- Brittany talks about reading pressure — I’m sure we’ve ALL felt like this!
- Lighthouse Bay, by Kimberley Freeman
- Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins (reread)
- Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1), by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- SO boring.
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4), by Diana Gabaldon
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire, #1), by George R. R. Martin
- Patient Zero (Joe Ledger, #1), by Jonathan Maberry (audiobook)
- What Alice Forgot, by Liane Moriarty
- If He Had Been With Me, by Laura Nowlin (thank you, Raincoast Books!)
- Nobody’s Secret, by Michaela MacColl (thank you, Raincoast Books!)
- Dirty Little Secret, by Jennifer Echols (thank you, Gallery Books!)
- Losing It (Losing It, #1), by Cora Carmack
- Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?