The very awesome April over at Good Books and Good Wine is hosting this 15 DAY CHALLENGE for book bloggers! I’ll admit that my love of blogging has wained in the last few months since learning I was pregnant, but I’m ready to get that love back (which started with reading an ENTIRE BOOK today!) … I hope this helps!
First off, it is VERY hard to come up with 15 book-related confessions! I’ll see what I can do …
- I have a serious problem when it comes to buying books. I can’t just enter a bookstore and buy ONE book, but I have to buy lots of books. This means my shelves are full of books that I haven’t even read yet. Like, entire bookcases of unread books!
- I can’t read with any distractions. Even if the husband is watching boring hockey or golf on TV, I still can’t concentrate on a book. I can’t even listen to white noise. Birds are okay.
- I can’t enter a bookstore and select books to buy without checking Goodreads first. I like to see if the books I buy have good ratings or bad ratings. I’m trying to get over this since there are lots of books that get crap ratings that I actually enjoy, but so far it only happens when my phone dies.
- Even though I’ve confessed that I’ll be taking my new babe to the library, that doesn’t mean I haven’t already started buying books for baby’s bookshelf.
- I can go through long stretches of not reading. I’m usually okay with them, but it does irk me when I go a few weeks (like as of late) without even thinking of touching a book. I’ll never get through my TBR pile this way!
- I’m a very easy target when it comes to book recommendations. Seriously. Everything looks good to me.
- I refuse to dog-ear the corners of my books. Or write in them. If something bad happens to my book, I will get slightly teary-eyed.
- In relation to number 7, I rarely lend out my books. I’m more likely to BUY a friend of a book I want them to read than lend my copy out to them.
- I’m addicted to getting signed copies of books. My ultimate goal is to get a signed Neil Gaiman book. That would make my life.
- My eyes tend to wander when I read. I will definitely glance at the right-hand page if I’m on the left. I’ll never actually flip to the back of a book (though I’ve done that once), but I like to be slightly prepared for what’s coming.
- I hate it when I go to someone’s house and I can’t go look at their bookshelves. I can feel myself twitching when I think about it during a visit.
- I love nice boys in books. There are too many books out there with bad-ass guys, but it’s so rare that I’ll fall for them (maybe in the case of Dex in the Experiment in Terror series, but that’s about it).
- I have yet to find the perfect scary book. Every year I’m on the lookout for something that will get my heart racing — or a book that I’ll want to put in the freezer a la Joey on Friends — but it never happens. “Horror” books are always so-so to me. I attribute it to the lack of scary music.
- While I can’t read on the computer, I’m not picky about the other ways I read … I’ll read on my iPad, eReader, physical books, or even listen to audiobooks. I like trying out all mediums!
- One of the things I wonder about when it comes time to deliver baby and raise baby is how much reading time I’ll have. Being the voracious reader I’ve been, I wonder how I’ll manage NOT being able to read all the books. I know it’ll be worth it, but it’s something I think of a lot!
That wasn’t so hard!
What are some of your book-related confessions?