The very awesome April over at Good Books and Good Wine is hosting this 15 DAY CHALLENGE for book bloggers! I’ll admit that my love of blogging has wained in the last few months since learning I was pregnant, but I’m ready to get that love back (which started with reading an ENTIRE BOOK!) … I hope this helps!
Today’s question: Tell us your deal breakers.
Honestly, when I saw the prompt for today, I had NO IDEA what I was being asked. I thought about it for a bit and found a few things that usually guarantee I’ll pick up a book to read.
1. Music. I LOVE music in books, whether it’s people playing instruments, or even just playlists.
2. Canada. This is a tricky one because I don’t like ALL books that mention Canada, but I do like YA books that take place in Canada — especially places I’ve been (kind of like Jessica Martinez’s The Space Between Us, which takes place in Banff, AB.)
3. Road Trips. While I haven’t liked all the road trip books I’ve read, I certainly am a sucker for them. Which leads me to …
4. Travel. Especially traveling through Europe. Books like Anna and the French Kiss or The Madness Underneath or even Just One Day. I love books that let me live vicariously through the main character.
I’m not sure if I actually answered this question properly …if it’s things that turn me off in books, then that would have to be:
1. Cruelty to animals.
2. Relationships that don’t make sense.
3. Plots that go all over the place.
4. Too many characters.
5. Bad Canada cliches.
What are your deal breakers?