Another weekend … another update!
In my life:
This week was filled with READING! Since I completely failed at the last Bout of Books, I decided to kick butt this time around.
We did manage to get out and return a stroller travel system we bought on Sunday. We went out, bought it because it was what we wanted and on sale, came home, opened it up — and it was the wrong one! So, we went back on Monday and got the card for the correct stroller, went up with our receipt and told them the issue. They said okay, and called the back to bring the right stroller up. Instead, they bring up THE SAME FREAKING ONE! Here’s how that went:
Me: “This is the same stroller you gave us the last time!”
Guy from back: “Well, we don’t have that other one in stock.”
Does this make sense to ANYONE? If they don’t have it, it shouldn’t be sold AND they shouldn’t just load up a random stroller! At any rate, the big boss went back and found the right one, with its SKN number in BRIGHT BLACK HIGHLIGHTED LETTERS on the side. What a pain! We will definitely be checking things over more carefully in the future.
AND in a case of perfect service, I had to return my 3 year old espresso machine to Bed, Bath & Beyond since the milk steamer won’t steam anymore. I was so worried since it had been 3 years, but I still had the receipt. I expected store credit, but they refunded the whole thing — $280 worth — right back onto my debit. TOTAL WIN! I had intended to use the money to get a new, fancy rice cooker, but they didn’t have the one I wanted in stock. Meanwhile, I went to return something to the maternity store 2 months after buying, NEVER been opened, I had the receipt, and I couldn’t. Apparently, it was a big to-do to try and get me a refund, so I said forget it.
Some things just don’t make sense!
In reading (& blogging):
This week I read (be prepared: this list is long!):
1. The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (Geek Girls, #1) by Gina Lamm
2. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
3. Share Me (One Night With Sole Regret, #0.5) by Olivia Cunning
4. Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1) by Piper Shelly (review book)
5. Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) by Cherise Sinclair
6. Hourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntire
7. The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5) by Diana Peterfreund
8. The Truth Between You and Me by Amanda Grace (review book)
9. Twice Upon a Time (Lovers’ Leap, #2) by Olivia Cunning
10. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (THHGTTG, #2) by Douglas Adams
11. Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
12. Ruin (Summer in Winter, #1) by C. J. Scott (review book)
13. Blog Events: The Secret to Engaging Your Community, Growing Your Network, and Establishing Your Expertise by Amanda Shofner
14. Cake by Lauren Dane (review book)
15. A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare
16. Dark Whiskey by Emma Meade
17. A Little Harmless Surprise (Harmless, #1) by Melissa Schroeder
That’s right. It was a read-a-thon week. I think I killed it.
Now, onto the books! (Click on the covers to be taken to Goodreads)
Here are the review books I got this week. Big thanks to Bloomsbury, Harlequin, and Patchwork Press!
This one was gifted to me from Teresa (@NeedNewSpace). Thank you, Teresa!
A few more new books for me … may have been tempted by Kelly at Reading the Paranormal for some. 🙂
And look! More freebies! 🙂 All from Amazon. (Links will take you to Amazon — be sure to check if they’re still free before downloading!)
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?