Another weekend … another update!
In my life:
If I could sum up my feelings after this week in one word, it would be …. TIRED.
I worked this week, I read this week, I spent time with the husband, I met another book blogger for coffee, and I even took a road trip to my parent’s house. I am tuckered! Here are some pics from the trip to my parent’s house:
Meanwhile, about 4 hours south-west of us, this happened this week:
WINTER IS COMING.
In reading (& blogging):
This week I read:
1. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Larstad (audiobook) <– Unnerving!
2. The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2) by Maureen Johnson
3. Let the Old Dreams Die by John Ajvide Lindqvist
4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan
5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness <– Brilliant!
6. Six Months Later by Natalie Richards
7. The Mysterious Howling (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #1) by Maryrose Wood (audiobook)
8. Coraline by Neil Gaiman (reread) <– I’ve reread this one a LOT. It’s a must during Fall.
I’m pretty pleased with the amount I read this week! It’s nice to work in audiobooks — they’re perfect for when I’m driving, doing the dishes, prepping dinner, etc.
I also did some blog stuff this week, a lot of updating of scheduled posts. And cleaning out my reader. I still have a HUGE pile of reviews to write, but I’m hoping to get to them this week!
Now, onto the books! (Click on the covers to be taken to Goodreads)
I got one physical book for review this week. Thank you to TOR for this beauty — I think it’ll be perfect for the season!
I got this AWESOME package from Kobo. I am so excited to use ALL of it!! Big thanks to them! I’ve used the Kobo Aura a bit since I got it and I really like the front lighting option — makes it nice to read at night!
I won this ARC from Jenni (at Alluring Reads). Thanks, Jenni!
I bought this lovely book from local author, Michael Hingston. You might remember him — he interviewed me about the Edmonton Book Bloggers! (I’d link to the article, but the paper doesn’t have it up anymore if you’re not a subscriber … grrrr. I will have to type it up and link to it on the blog somewhere!)
I also bought a *few* more books this week. I met Jenni (from Alluring Reads) at the bookstore and bought a few books AND an order from Amazon came in AND I went shopping with my mom in Red Deer and bought a few sale books. I wasn’t planning on getting the third book in the Benny Imura series in hardback, but it was only $4.99!! I couldn’t pass that up! And I’ve already read Wanderlove, but I think it’s time for a reread. Couldn’t pass up a sale on the hardcover!
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?