Following in the footsteps of the lovely Sarah, over at Sarah Says Read, I decided to start doing a monthly TBR list! I can be such a mood reader, but sometimes having a bit of focus on what I should read in the month works in my favour. Otherwise, I can be all, “Woe is me! What to read!” And no one likes a person who is full of woe!
Since I’m also participating in NaNoWriMo this year, I decided to take it easy when picking out books. I still have a plan to read as much as I can before baby, BUT I do want to try and balance everything this month as best I can.
Here’s my TBR for November:
This does NOT include any eBooks, though I have a TON of them. Those I might play by ear, but we’ll see.
1. I was BEYOND excited today to see that my interlibrary loans of Tessa Dare’s Stud Club series came in and I only have them until the beginning of December, so I will start these SOON. I completely ADORE Tessa’s writing, so I know I’ll devour these in no time.
2. The Birth House is a book that I have had FOREVER. I had it before Ami’s The Virgin Cure and that one I’ve already read. I’m a little nervous since it has to do with, you know, childbirth and I currently have a close-to-5lb child in my belly, but hopefully it’ll go well. Amy’s an awesome writer.
3. #16thingsIthoughtweretrue is one that I’m CURRENTLY reading. In fact, I hope to finish it this weekend.
4. Pilgrimage is a book by a local author, Diana Davidson. She sent it to me for review and I’m super excited to start it. The cover makes me think of winter.
5. The Evolution of Mara Dyer is a freaking BEAST of a book. I started it in October and I’m about 40% of the way through. This is another one I’m hoping to finish, though definitely not soon!
6. I’m really not sure how I feel about Veronica Roth’s Divergent series, BUT I have to know what happens in Allegiant. I haven’t been spoiled yet, but for there to be the amount of spoilers out there that there are, it’s gotta be something MAJOR. I had wandering eyes throughout Insurgent, but I’m hoping this one keeps up my focus — even if it’s just me focusing on where to throw the book in the room.
Other than these, I’m currently reading @WriMo: A 30-Day Survival Guide for Writers by Kevin S. Kaiser. This is a reread for me — I read it throughout NaNoWriMo LAST year and really enjoyed it. I’m hoping it helps me keep my focus this year!
I’m really looking forward to reading this month! My NaNo project is more on the supernatural/horror side, so it’s nice to read books that AREN’T in that genre. Well, except for Mara Dyer, but I feel like if I don’t finish that now, I’ll NEVER get through it.
Anyway, yay for November! Let’s do all the reading!
What are your reading goals for November? Have you read any of the books on my TBR list?