Well hi there! It’s been a while!
What happened this month? Well, NaNoWriMo happened! By November 9th, I had hit my 50,000 word goal … yay! But I didn’t actually finish my story because I was too busy with this:
Baby Reading In Winter arrived! Three weeks before his due date and a week before my scheduled c-section. I had a scheduled ultrasound Tuesday morning and my fluids had dropped to a very low rate, so I was admitted! A little over 12 hours later, we had this little guy. We’re very happy!
Even though it looks like I read a ton, I actually expected to read more than this in November:
- 16 Things I Thought Were True by Janet Gurtler
- One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1) by Tessa Dare
- Twice Tempted by a Rogue (Stud Club, #2) by Tessa Dare
- The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppet (Origami Yoda, #4) by Tom Angleberger
- Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3) by Tessa Dare
- Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- Stay by Deb Caletti
- The Birth House by Ami McKay
- Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma
Part of this was definitely because of NaNoWriMo and also because of baby … LOTS of appointments to go to this month AND the early arrival of baby meant my current reads have been put on hold for a little while (enjoying Omens by Kelley Armstrong, though!).
I actually tried to not be such a nut with reading, despite the fact that I told myself this was my last month to read all the books. I feel like I read like a normal person this month!
Not a lot of mailbox stuff this month, but one big surprise!
This was an awesome package sent by Ashley and Christie at A & C Book Junkies. I had suggested a summer read for them and they sent me this awesome package in return! It definitely made me happy. 🙂
And, Once Every Never is signed! How awesome is that? Though, I did have to go to Twitter to ask what Lesley wrote in the book ….
I also got this package from Raincoast Books. Thank you to them! These titles look great:
How was your month? Have you read anything good lately?