It’s almost 2014, which means it’s time to sign up for the 2014 Book Bingo Challenge, hosted by myself and Anne from Creativity’s Corner!
Throughout 2013, we had been asking for feedback on the challenge and we took your suggestions to heart, which means some changes have been made this year! When we thought about all the things we wanted to include in this year’s challenge, we ended up making a list:
- Reading the books in our TBR pile
- Re-reading some books
- Stepping outside of our comfort zone in reading
- Reading some newly released books
- Reading books from series that we have started & have been neglecting
In order to keep track of everything, we came up with a fancy, schmancy scoreboard:
Of course, a challenge isn’t really a challenge unless there are some rules and guidelines:
- Be awesome. If you’re not, this isn’t going to work.
- The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2014.
- If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to my and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post. You can add your post to the Linky at the end of this post!
- If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
- Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
- The FREE SQUARES are a little different this year — now you can use those squares to read ANY book you like of any genre! Woo!
- You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2014.
- You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
- Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
- Every 3 months I will post an update here and all participants can link to their own updates. An update post will go up April 1st, July 1st, October 1st, and December 31st.
- This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #BookBingo2014 on Twitter!
While you can definitely “win” by the boring ol’ vertical or horizontal (or diagonal!) lines, the best ways to win are as follows:
Like it says in the guidelines, the ONLY way to start a new board is to become the SUPER READER! The goal is to read ALL THE BOOKS! To be a winner (thus, to become the awesomest reader around), you’ll want to accomplish as many wins as possible!
Add your start-up post link to the Linky below!
Will you participate in this challenge? Do you have what it takes to become a super reader?