Well hi there! It’s been a while!
I know this recap is a little late and usually I’m on the ball during the month and have written some of this up, but here we are on April 3rd and I’m struggling to remember what happened.
Let’s dive into point form, shall we?
This month I:
- Met some more new mom friends, so baby L and I have been hanging out with them at least once a week.
- Continued to go to the baby program at the library.
- Went to the Harry Potter exhibit in the city — very, very cool! And baby L slept for most of it — after sreaming his way through the beginning, of course. He HATES his carrier.
- Had my birthday, received some flowers, and had a nice dinner with family.
- Had the first dinner out, in a restaurant, with baby L. He was very good!
- Got lots of smiles and laughs out of my little guy, plus he’s been talking up a storm.
- Went to a baby shower to meet my good blog friend Brie’s little guy!
- Did less reading and more crocheting.
- Got addicted to Downton Abbey.
- Actually got out for some great walks, but then winter came back and I got back into hibernation mode.
I’m sure there is plenty more I did, but I can’t remember. Most of this month I’ve been relaxing with my boy, or my hubs when he’s home, and trying not to stress about anything.
I know this looks like I read a lot of books this month, but a lot of them were graphic novels and manga!
- Death Note, Volume 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) by Tsugumi Ohba (manga)
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices — Manga, #1) by Cassandra Clare (manga)
- Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices — Manga, #2) by Cassandra Clare (manga)
- Fun Home by Alison Blechdel (graphic novel)
- The Taker (The Taker, #1) by Alma Katsu
- Why Grizzly Bears Should Wear Underpants by Matthew Inman, a.k.a. The Oatmeal
- One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B. J. Novak
- Flight, Volume 1 edited by Kazu Kibuishi
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
- Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls, #1) by Lisa See
- The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E Smith
Surprisingly, I read 5 books by male authors this month! That’s probably the most I’ve read in any month! I was also super happy to read another Lisa See book, since I loved Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, AND the new Jennifer E Smith! Soooo good!
Not a horrible month, but I definitely procrastinated more about buying books than past months! I ended the month having only bought one book!
A little dark, but some great ARCs from Simon & Schuster!!
How was your month? Have you read anything good lately?