I loooove September. You know that crisp feeling in the air, the leaves changing colour, and I always want to create something (or buy new things – like yarn and notebooks and pens and books!).
This week my son starts school and I’m sad and happy about it – it’s bittersweet. We’ve slowly been trying to get into a routine in the last week and it’s helped with everyone’s moods. Plus, this past week the baby and I stopped our nursing sessions. Again, so sad. Not only is my little boy, who’s not yet 3, starting school, but the comfort sessions I’ve had with my little girl have come to an end. We had a few rough days and nights where I couldn’t even sing to her without her losing it, since she associated my singing with nursing, but now she cuddles up into me and we can sing a song before bed and it’s just really nice.
This month I’m going to start going to a yarn night at the local library, and I want to start making regular library dates for myself where I can just go wandering around. I’ve started crocheting a lot, making sweaters for the kids and their friends, blankets, hats, and whatever else I can come up with! I’m rewatching Gilmore Girls in anticipation of the new season coming up in November. All I want to do is drink coffee. I’m sleeping better at night, getting up super early in the morning, reading lots of books, trying to knock books off my TBR pile (my pre-2016 TBR, that is) and just trying to get organized in all aspects of my life. My husband is going away this month so I’ll have 5 days with just me and the kids … hopefully they’re stress-free!
Other than that, we’ve had some really relaxing days around here. We’re just getting over colds and it’s rainy and cold here this weekend, this long weekend, which means lots of relaxing, coffee, movies, crocheting, reading, and Netflix. It’s perfect!
Here’s what happened this past two weeks in books …
Added to the shelf:
- Buried Bodies (Anderson High Wolves, #1) by Kelly Apple (ebook) READ
- The Girl Most Likely by Kelly Apple (ebook) READ
- Something in the Air by Marie Landry (ebook) READ
- Not Until Tonight (The Night, #1) by Jessica Sankiewicz (ebook)
- Leave Me by Gayle Forman (paperback)
- Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine, #3) by Ransom Riggs (hardcover)
- A Tapestry of Secrets by Sarah Loudin Thomas (thank you to Nuts About Books!)
- A Heart Most Certain by Melissa Jaegers (thank you to Nuts About Books!)
- All The Things We Leave Behind by Riel Nason (thank you to Raincoast Books!)
- The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston (thank you to Booksneeze!)
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas (hardcover)
- House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan: Ghost Trapper, #5) by J. L. Bryan (ebook)
- Silence of the Lamb’s Wool (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #2) by Betty Hechtman (ebook)
Finished This Week:
- The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1) by Kristan Higgins (audiobook)
- Goddess of the Hunt (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #1) by Tessa Dare (paperback+pre2016tbr)
- Buried Bodies (Anderson High Wolves, #1) by Kelly Apple (ebook)
- The Girl Most Likely (Anderson High Wolves, #2) by Kelly Apple (ebook)
- The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson & The Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan (audiobook+reread)
- The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2) by Kristan Higgins (audiobook)
- If Only We by Jessica Sankiewicz (ebook)
- On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young (audiobook+pre2016read)
- Something In the Air by Marie Landry (ebook)
- Smoke by Catherine MacKenzie (ebook+reviewbook)
- Waiting On You (Blue Heron, #3) by Kristan Higgins (audiobook)
And that’s it for now! Have a happy bookish week!