This past year I did SO GOOD at reading books that I had purchased previous to 2017. I knocked so many off my list, but not enough. I still have a pile of books from my TBR prior to 2017 so Roof Beam Reader‘s 2018 TBR Pile Challenge is the perfect challenge for me!
What is the 2018 TBR Pile Challenge? Basically it’s a year-long challenge to read books that have been on your TBR prior to January 1st 2017 – so it cant be books you bought last year, but books bought before that.
Here are the rules from Roof Beam Reader’s official sign up page:
- Books must be published in 2016 or earlier, so on your TBR for at LEAST a year.
- You must sign up via the link above to participate. Books must be read AND reviewed.
- Your sign up post that you link up must be complete by January 15, 2018 and updated by crossing off the books on your master list and dating them, as well as linking to the review.
- Leave a comment for your progress on the post linked above, especially when you COMPLETE your progress – everyone who completes their 2018 TBR Pile Challenge will be entered to win a $50 Amazon gift card (and who doesn’t love that?).
- Crossovers are allowed, but only if the book was published in 2016 and prior.
- Graphic novels, audiobooks, poetry collections, essay collections, and the like all count. Leave your master list of books to be read on your sign up post – books don’t have to be read in that order, but remember to cross them off, date them, and link to reviews as you go.
Here’s my list:
- Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum (2004)
- These Girls by Sarah Pekkanen (2012)
- The Curiosity by Stephen P. Kiernen (2013)
- Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield (2013)
- The Antagonist by Lynn Coady (2011)
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd (2014)
- The Unfinished Child by Theresa Shea (2013)
- Love Letters of the Angel of Death by Jennifer Quist (2013)
- Deafening by Francis Itani (2003)
- Us Conductors by Sean Michaels (2014)
- Chai Tea Sunday by Heather A. Clark (2012)
The Lake House by Kate Morton (2015)(review)
- And Then There Were Nuns: Adventures in a Cloistered Life by Jane Christmas (2013)
- Any Known Blood by Lawrence Hill (1997)
Looking back on this year, I can’t believe I still have 76 unread books on my TBR from before 2017! This year I had read 100 from my pre-2017 TBR so maybe I can get more than 12 read? Who knows. I guess we’ll see next year!
Are you joining the 2018 TBR Pile Challenge? What is your TBR at from before 2017?